ad 1

Breaking News

Watch Oprah Give Tiffany Haddish The Surprise Of Her Life


It’s possible no one has ever been happier than Tiffany Haddish was when she got the surprise of her life Thursday during an appearance on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” featuring a very special guest.
Oprah Winfrey, hero to Haddish and, well, much of the world, had appeared as DeGeneres’ guest earlier in the program, but Haddish was told the star of “A Wrinkle in Time” left immediately after her sit-down.
Haddish, undeterred, launched into a business plan she had for herself and Oprah involving produce and farmers’ markets, but quickly shifted to talking about her one and only prior experience with Winfrey.
“I did this movie called ‘Their Eyes Were Watching God,’ and I was an extra and it was a movie that Oprah was producing,” Haddish explained. “She had walked by and I was making all the other extras laugh, and she said, ‘You’re a very funny young lady.’ I was like, ‘Eeeee!’ ”
Haddish said Oprah encouraged the comic to write to her and let her know how her career was coming along.
“And so, I would write her, right? And I never got any reply and I think it’s because it was a lot of misspellings or something because I wasn’t a good reader at the time, so definitely not a good writer,” Haddish said. “I’m better now, but she never wrote back.”
DeGeneres then decided to ask Oprah herself why she never wrote Haddish back — inviting Winfrey back to the stage and completely blowing Haddish’s mind.
There were tears and hugs and words of encouragement and forgiveness for not keeping up correspondence. You know, general joyousness.
Afterwords Haddish took to instagram to talk about her moment with Oprah.

“SO JUST SO YALL KNOW I POSTED IT THREE TIMES BECAUSE I AM THAT DAMN HAPPY! YES! YES! YES I CRIED AND YES I ASKED HER TO BE MY AUNTIE! SO ALL THANKS BE TO GOD FOR ALWAYS COMING THRU YOU HEAR MY PRAYS AND ANSWER ACCORDINGLY AMEN!”

No comments